Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Chapter 2

*from May 4, 2010

Hmm where do I begin? This last month has been a roller coaster. Luckily I’ve been able to handle roller coasters since age 7. In the last few months I’ve lost my job, moved in with the love of my life, adopted my little monster, started a new job, got a wisdom tooth pulled, got an infection from my wisdom tooth and sent my best friend off to boot camp for the army. Now that we all caught up let’s start with the next big chapter in my life. I am currently sitting in my hospital room at city of hope. Today was the official first day of my atg-cyclosporine treatment. Seven hours of a slow dripping fluid into my picc line. Luckily I did not experience any of the side effects that are pretty scary. I did however battle with a slight fever but my tiger blood kicked it’s ass. I tend to look at the positive things in life. I’m taking this hospital stay as a nice vacation. I’ve got my own room, cable tv, wireless Internet, room service and all the people I love visiting me. Sure my disease has become a part of who I am but I don’t let it define who I am. Bad shit happens to good people and if you let it bother and eat at your soul, you will never make it out alive. So here’s to the next chapter and hopefully to more blogging to occupy my time here. Until we cyber again.

No comments:

Post a Comment